July 18, 2011 § Leave a comment
1. The way you take care of me by minding the small details I don’t pay attention to… like always charging my Iphone…or doing the laundry. Clean underwear is important…I just used to buy new ones to put off doing laundry…
2. The fact that you always eat everything I make for you and are so grateful…even when I mess up the dish and it looks nothing like the pretty pictures on Tastespotting
3. The personalities you give to inanimate objects and the curiously large number of stuffed animals that we have
4. You will hold conversations with me even though my side of the conversation consists of meowing, rawr-ing, and whines, and you completely understand my responses
5. You know that when I ask you if you love me, it means I’m gauging your willingness to go with me to Pitango so I can get my gelato fix.
6. You and your fashion sense like to go shopping with me — I don’t need to go shopping with a girlfriend!
7. The fact that you collect the movie stubs of every movie we see, even the ones we saw before we started dating
8. Your willingness to watch Korean dramas with me
9. You always let me have last bite/sip
10. You know to buy me a box of macarons to make me feel special and to take me to Trader Joe’s when I’m grumpy
Happy two years, Wayne!
June 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
June 6, 2011 § 1 Comment
1. The sweet chef who gave us complimentary appetizers for having to wait a little while for our table
2. My impulse purchase of my golden tassel necklace— it is now my favorite piece of jewelry; I love how just having the tiny chains tied together in a simple knot can create a lovely statement piece.
3. That clear nail polish seems to always be the answer to all my clothing problems, freezing the delicate threads in their place and suspending them in time (I still think it’s magic)
4. Wandering into a used bookstore with a “Buy 2, get 1 free” deal (And what made it just a bit better than other used bookstores? It also sold used clothes!… But none were in my size)
5. After being heart-broken that Wei-Chuan Turnip Strips buns are impossible to find in Northern Virginia, I suddenly found them in a small Chinese grocery store in Maryland, just twenty minutes away from home
6. When I accidentally hurt myself by bumping into something, Wayne will try to kiss the pain away, even (or especially) if it is the back of my head.
7. Feeling that summer has truly arrived while eating a popsicle (…okay, a few popsicles)
8. A gift in the form of cupcakes
9. Finally getting Wayne to watch Doctor Who with me and having him be even more addicted than I am
10. Playing around with Poloroin, a free website that transforms pictures into Polaroids! Go here (!): http://www.polaroin.com/
May 16, 2011 § Leave a comment
1. Wearing red lipstick for no special occasion
2. Dry shampoo; that extra day of not having to wash my hair is priceless, and I am lazy
3. Purple tights
4. The words: “kerfuffle”, “befuddled”, and “wibbly-wobbly-timey-whimey”
5. My vase of flower headbands
6. The bow-tie that the Eleventh Doctor of Doctor Who wears
7. Pretending that my walks home from work are actually through a rainforest
8. Petunia, neighbor pug, who happily snorts at me and stands as close as she can to my legs as her way to tell me to pet her
9. Weeknight movie dates
10. Listening to heavy rainfall while inside the car
March 8, 2011 § Leave a comment
Please notice that I didn’t include Trader Joe’s or macarons, because I’ve written about my love for them and how happy they make me many, many times that I thought maybe I should stop writing about them for a while. Or at least for the rest of this entry. So perhaps this entry should actually be titled: 10 things that make me incredibly happy (that aren’t Trader Joe’s or macarons).
1. Yellow roses in repurposed glass jars, wine bottles, and drinking glasses (such as wine or champagne glasses) as unorthodox vases
2. Reading used books that have been dog-eared and marked up with highlighter and little notes on the side
3. Brightly colored old townhouses, especially the ones in San Francisco and Georgetown
4. Walking down the small corridor that connects the gate at an airport and the airplane
5. Walking into Daikokuya (Little Tokyo, LA) or Café Bonaparte (Georgetown, DC) and being immediately seated
6. Wearing two different nail polish colors at the same time; the left hand has one color and the right hand has a different but matching color
7. Walking up and down the aisles of Asian supermarkets and buying all the ingredients and foods I thought were really strange when I was young and accompanying my mom
8. My unique way of eating ice cream, sorbets, and gelatos, which is to shave off thin layers with my spoon while keeping the surface level as I eat—I love starting off along the edges and moving in a spiral path inward
9. Weekly dinners with my family (and seeing Wayne get along really well with my younger brother)
10. Getting to be the little spoon