Ten things that make me surprisingly happy
June 6, 2011 § 1 Comment
1. The sweet chef who gave us complimentary appetizers for having to wait a little while for our table
2. My impulse purchase of my golden tassel necklace— it is now my favorite piece of jewelry; I love how just having the tiny chains tied together in a simple knot can create a lovely statement piece.
3. That clear nail polish seems to always be the answer to all my clothing problems, freezing the delicate threads in their place and suspending them in time (I still think it’s magic)
4. Wandering into a used bookstore with a “Buy 2, get 1 free” deal (And what made it just a bit better than other used bookstores? It also sold used clothes!… But none were in my size)
5. After being heart-broken that Wei-Chuan Turnip Strips buns are impossible to find in Northern Virginia, I suddenly found them in a small Chinese grocery store in Maryland, just twenty minutes away from home
6. When I accidentally hurt myself by bumping into something, Wayne will try to kiss the pain away, even (or especially) if it is the back of my head.
7. Feeling that summer has truly arrived while eating a popsicle (…okay, a few popsicles)
8. A gift in the form of cupcakes
9. Finally getting Wayne to watch Doctor Who with me and having him be even more addicted than I am
10. Playing around with Poloroin, a free website that transforms pictures into Polaroids! Go here (!): http://www.polaroin.com/