March 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
How I know it’s Spring:
1. The weather has been showing growing pains of being 70F with sunny skies on one day and regressing to 40F with dreary skies the next day. There was that little incident with snowfall, but everyone trips and falls as they change.
2. What would have been disastrous snowfall has turned into torrential rainfall.
3. I smell the pungent, sour smell of fertilizer on the walk to the grocery store.
4. My boyfriend’s sports of choice have changed from snowboarding and bowling to golf and bowling– golf may be the love of his life, sports-wise, but bowling is the ugly mistress he keeps on the side because, while she’s not the prettiest to look at, she lets him do the weird stuff.
5. I wake up at 6:30 AM on a weekday, naturally (ie. before my alarm clock– my body is not opportunistic, but I guess I was already well aware when my body decides to wake up at 6:30 AM on the weekends, even during winter).