Parce que je voudrais être un Type A quoique je pense que je suis un Type B
June 18, 2008 § Leave a comment
It seems that this year is my year of change.
My New Year Resolutions:
1. Stop being so damn lazy and start exercising.
2. Call Simon back.
3. Work in my sketchbook.
Update on their progress:
1. From January to mid-February, I went to the gym sporadically, averaging 2 times a week. From the beginning of March until May 15, 2008 (the day before I had to leave for the East Coast– I say East Coast because I’m always in New York, Maryland, and Virginia on a weekly basis) I went to the gym nearly every day, only reducing it down to every other day during dead days and finals week. Now, with my job and all the commuting, I’m only able to run around my neighborhood every weekend.
2. Simon’s happier…and very pleasantly surprised. I think he’s over the shock of my keeping my promises of actually calling him back. Not bad considering I hadn’t for the first …5 years of our awesome best friendship.
3. Sketchbook is experiencing growing pains. Must buy modgepodge and duct tape to keep it intact. Oh, and alphabet rubber stamps.
Now, since the year isn’t over yet, a couple mid-year summer resolutions:
4. Give up chocolate. Sweets are my greatest vice, and chocolate is the largest subcategory within that vice. So, I’m going to give it up for the rest of the year, and maybe I will reconsider slowly implementing it back in to my life in small, small doses in 2009. Eventually I want to cut back entirely on sugar. Though, I still love baking, and I want to perfect my crème brûlée. [Edit: I decided this morning to completely cut out refined sugars and pastries from my regular diet and switching to only eating natural sugars from fruits only with the occasional honey usage. I only want to see if I can handle this for the rest of the summer. Then I’ll slowly implement it back into my diet in the fall. I know it’s all about moderation but I do not even comprehend the word, let alone the concept, when it comes to my ridiculous sweet tooth. I’d rather not become diabetic before 25.]
5. Read all the books written by Nick Hornby, Haruki Murakami, and Zadie Smith.
6. Learn yoga and at least train for a half-marathon. Though I still have hopes for running a full marathon by the time the LA marathon comes around in late February-early March.
And my to-do list for the very near future:
7. Bake a chocolate chip pie for Simon this weekend for his 21st.
8. Re-connect and have a sleepover with Emmy and late-night Waffle House excursion.
9. Tone my waist.
10. Re-read and re-watch Pride and Prejudice. Movie-wise, I want to watch the really long A&E version and the recent 2006 version– so pretty!